Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Massage for the Mind

I love being relaxed.
Last week Dan Coombs was giving a knife sales presentation to Kate Yates in the Student Ministries office. As he was giving his shpeal and demonstrating the effectiveness of the knives, I became very relaxed. I couldn't see what they were doing because I was sitting in the office next door, but just hearing his presentation I felt so peaceful.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This week I hung out with Alex Armstrong (former Jr. Higher) and he showed me some of his new magic tricks. As I was watching him demonstrate his card and coin tricks, I became very relaxed. I think it must have something to do with the tone of his voice or something.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
So for whatever reason, magic tricks and knife presentations are like massages for my mind. I love them!

What relaxes you?

3 comments:

Caroline G said...

Interesting! I would say getting my nails done and baking make me relaxed. Alot of things in general though as well; beach, hanging out with friends, and watching movies. This was a good blog!

Melissa Brosch said...

Cooking, Listening to Fernando Ortega, and hearing Lois talk on the phone to parents in the student ministries office. Her voice just is soothing when she talks to parents.

Brooke said...

laying in very bright sunshine... especially on my face.
love that, i'm feeling mellow just thinking about it!