Monday, June 11, 2007

I am getting old!

Ok...I have deciding that I am getting old and it is starting to show. My age never bothered me much, until I turned 27.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a picture taken last Thursday. Please notice...

#1 My belly. I never had to worry about my diet, but now I am getting "soft" or "flabby." Some of my pants don't fit anymore and I definitely don't look as good in a bathing suit.

#2 My receding hairline. I now have what my Jr. Highers like to call "cul-de-sacs" My forehead seems to be growing on a daily basis.

#3 My wrinkles. Every time I smile, squint, or raise an eyebrow I add to my canvas of wrinkles. I have what is known as "crows feet."

In case I every forget about my bodily misfortunes, my Jr. High students are constantly reminding me. You gotta love their brutal honesty. If anyone finds the fountain of youth...give me a call. Haha.

8 comments:

Caroline G said...

Joshua Simpson...do not be so hard on yourself. You are still very young!

Kayli Bagwell said...

Josh...you are not OLD! :)But isnt it funny just how honest junior highers can be!

a d a m said...

You and me both my friend....

Luke Pimpson said...

Junior Highers are little punks. I know for a fact how honest they are...and it's not funny.
I choose to slap their sassy faces.

Victor Estrada said...

I've totally been meaning to talk to you about those things.

I"m sorry man, getting old is no fun. Let me know how it is, ok?

Melissa Brosch said...

Josh you look like you're 14. Don't worry about it buddy.

David Gantenbein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric Wakeling said...

Josh you are a stud! The kids tease you about those things because they respect that you don't take yourself too seriously and they know/hope to look and be just like you one day. I am always in awe of your dedication to God's calling and the way you relate to people of all ages. It's not about being a face, your a whole package pal=)
BEA (not eric)