Monday, May 28, 2007

Feel Good Movies

So...Apparently my blog sucks and I need to post something more often.
Here it goes...I am a big fan of "feel good" movies. I am often critized for some of my movie selections...for example Disney's Candleshoe (1977) starring Jodie Foster. Trust me...It is a classic!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I enjoy movies that are positive and encouraging. I want a movie that will bring a smile to my face and motivate me to live a better life. I want to feel good after I watch a movie. Tonight I watched Disney's Pollyanna (1960) starring Hayley Mills.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It is a "feel good" movie. The plot goes something like this, "A little girl comes to a town that is embattled by feuds and intimidated by her aunt. By the time she must leave, she has transformed the community with her indominatable will to see the good side of even the worst situations and bring it out for the betterment of all." This movie not only brought back memories from my past, but also inspired me to be a more positive and better person. It reminded me of another favorite "feel good" movie, It's A Wonderful Life (1946) starring the talented Jimmy Stewart.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These movies both show how one life can make an impact on others. Both movies encoruage me and even bring tears to my eyes (Wow...I am such a dork!). My conclusion...Don't be a hater...Go watch a "feel good" movie.

4 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

Great post. That's actually kind of convicting and I love how anti-establishment it is to like these movies instead of the "artsy" kill everyone movies.

Josh said...

Well...You know me...Mr. Anti-establishment. I am so punk rock!

Victor Estrada said...

It's a wonderful life is one of my favorite movies ever. I'm with you man. I still think myspace is the antichrist thou

Melissa Brosch said...

How is it possible for us to be such good friends and soooooo opposite? When I feel overwhelmed with life, I hear George Bailey's voice in my head "Marrry Marrry" and it makes me want to die!