Monday, August 20, 2007

Days Off

Sometimes I feel like I just work work work. After a long stretch of working I find myself longing for a day off. Especially after a hard trip like Camp Surf, I need a day to relax and unwind. Nod your head if you look forward to your days off.

However, recently I have found myself getting bored on my days off. Unless I am hanging out with my friends, I end up just sitting around in my living room watching TV, going on Myspace, or eating junk food. When I am alone I also start worrying about life (I think work and busyness can be a nice distraction from the realities of life). By the end of the day I sense that my day off was a waste and I am left feeling bored, lonely, unrested, and disappointed.

Some would suggest that I need to find more activities to help me relax and revive my soul. I love watching movies or playing games with friends, but what do I do when no one is available? I enjoy art and architecture, but for some reason it seems meaningless now. I think I have lost my sense of dreaming and passion.

Do you ever feel like me when it comes to days off?

4 comments:

Eric Wakeling said...

I think an active hobby would be good. Even something simple like riding a beach cruiser down in Newport or bodysurfing or whatever! I think a little exercise would be good for the body, soul, and spirit. Maybe even a ministry thing that's not Jr High related??

I look forward to seeing you soon!

Melissa Brosch said...

Josh if only you enjoyed being with yourself as much as the rest of the world enjoys being with you, your days off would be so much better. :). I also agree with Eric, hobbies are awesome. Let me repeat my list...Kayaking, getting massages, cooking gourmet food, bike riding, painting, photography, TENNIS, or you could do the triathlon with me!!!

tam said...

Josh - you are officially in blog default. We must have a post from you immediately or else we'll... uh...tell Eric!

Corey Mann said...

http://coreymann.blogspot.com/2007/12/attention-all-youth-workers-who-read.html