Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Unexpected Ministry

I love those unexpected ministry opportunities...you know the ones I am talking about; the ones that you can't plan for...the ones that are out of the blue...the ones that only God can place in your life.

Tonight after 701 I had the chance to connect with a new student in our ministry (he is actually a high school student who was pretending to be a jr higher to be with his girlfriend...haha). He came across as one of those tough guys that would not want to talk with someone like me. Initially, he seemed closed off and hard to get through to. Anyway...I offered to give him a ride home with another student and he actually said yes. I was pleasantly surprised. We decided to swing by Starbucks for frappuchinos. It was a cool opportunity to connect with this new student. This was definiety the highlight of my night...maybe even my week. It is situations like this that make me love what I do. Praise the Lord for sweet opportunities!

Ephesians 5:15-17- Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

3 comments:

Ryan Guard said...

Wow, that's sweet Josh! You're such a good pastor.

Luke Pimpson said...

ryan's a suck up...

kara! said...

aww..Jesus always does cool things with teenagers and starbucks.